Thursday, July 16, 2015

Work Out 2- Upper Fix- with pregnancy modifications

Well, work out number 2 is in the books!  Upper Fix is all about working that upper body to get your tank top arms.  But lets be honest... at this point my goal is just to not have arms so huge when this baby is born that he doesn't get lost in my arm fat.  I remember when my daughter was born looking down and thinking how much smaller than my arms she was.  My bicep had a much larger circumference than her head.  I know I don't need to be skinny when I give birth, but I want to feel healthy. And for my body type, that was not healthy.  Plus it took a LOT of time and effort to get those 50 lbs off.  This time I want to put in the work beforehand so that I don't have to work it off but can simply maintain my lifestyle and concentrate on my two beautiful children.

So enough blabbing... Here is the work out modifications.

Warm-up:    Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.

Bent -over Row:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.
Transverse Twist:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.
Push-ups:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier. Rest when needed!  Push-ups during pregnancy are SO hard!!
Forearm Plank:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.
Curl to Press:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.

Lat Pull Overs: Do not lay flat!  I chose to do the same motion but leaning back against my couch to about a 45 degree angle.  You can choose to just skip this, but keep your body warm by marching in place and keeping those arms moving!
Circle Crunches: DO NOT LAY FLAT! You can do this motion just standing up.
Chest Press: Same concept as lat pullovers.  I just leaned back against my couch so I wasn't flat.
Scissor Twist: Lay on side, knees bent. Do small crunches up to the side. Switch at 30 seconds.
Front Raises:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.

Cool Down:  Safe with pregnancy, but if uncomfortable watch and follow the modifier.

I just want to emphasize that I am not a healthcare professional, a midwife, an OBGYN, nor a fitness professional.  I have just done quite a bit of research to see what I should and should not do and am modifying according to that.  If you are nervous or uncomfortable with any exercises, please consult a professional and keep your body and your baby safe!

3 comments:

  1. Can i lay flat in my first trimester?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to! Most doctors recommend that you don't lay flat after you're in the 2nd trimester because it can put pressure on one of your main arteries.

      Delete
  2. Can i lay flat in my first trimester?

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com