Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Introduction!

My name is Bailey Olsen.  I am 26 years old and gave birth to my first child about 11 months ago.  When she was 6 months old, my husband and I were SUPER surprised to find out we were expecting another one!  So now I am 5 months along (half way!) in my pregnancy, and I have decided to make some life changes.  As my daughter started to eat real food I realized that I really wanted to feed her healthy foods.  So we started with fruits and veggies- healthy right?  But then I noticed that she started to get a little bit sick of those and wanted whatever I was eating.  I am perfectly fine sharing with her, but honestly I wasn't eating a healthy diet and would hesitate to give her what was on my plate. But what was I supposed to give her?  I didn't really know!  I wanted it to be healthy, but I didn't know what to prepare for her!  Being an ex-collegiate gymnast, I was a bit embarrassed by this and decided I needed to change.  I needed to know more about nutrition so I could help my daughter, and any future children, to have good habbits and eat right.  Now I am not a crazy obsessed fitness guru or nutritional nut, but I do think that it is important to give our body the correct nutrients.

That is when I found Beachbody's 21 day fix.  At first I over-looked the program because it is a weight-loss program, and being almost 1/2 way through my pregnancy at the time I had no interest in losing weight.  But doing more research, I found that with a few small tweaks it could become, not a weight loss program, but a great health and fitness program for me as a pregnant woman, and would teach me important nutritional facts that I could use for my kids.

So here I go.  Last pregnancy I gained about 50 lbs, and this time I am determined to keep my weight gain where the doctor wants it.  While my doctor recommends between 20-30 lbs, my personal goal is no more than 35 lbs.  I want to be realistic with my goals, and seeing as I gained so much last time, I don't want to set myself up for failure.  I want to gain 15 lbs less than I did last time, and I feel that is a good goal while still being reasonable.  So I am hoping that this program will help me accomplish that, and you will get to follow me through my journey!  Then once the pregnancy is over, I will either do this program again to help kick the baby weight, or find another one that works.  Hopefully I don't completely embarrass myself, but here goes nothing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm on baby #3 right now -- 17 weeks tomorrow -- and just started a new round of 21 day fix. I was doing this up to finding out I was pregnant and a few weeks in, had to take a break from exercise because I had to have emergency surgery for a kidney stone! This last baby has been an eventful one, lol! Anyway, I found you googling for pregnancy modifications and I was really excited to see that you were pretty much in line with what I was already thinking/doing. Yay! So awesome to find you, and congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so exciting! Congrats on your bundle of joy! I'm sorry this one has been eventful for you so far, that must be super hard with 2 little ones still at home! But I am so glad to hear you doing the 21 DF! I seriously LOVE it. Thank you so much for your comment and I hope you continue to find it helpful!

      Delete

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com