Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Week 1- How did I do?

This is going to be the post where I write about my feelings for each day of the program.  It is horribly honest, and please know that I am doing my very best!  And please forgive any mistakes that you come to, as I am writing this with my sweet baby on my lap and she is a HUGE distraction.  But I want to get these done and out there so that if anyone else is experiencing what I am they will not feel alone!

Day 1- Tuesday
Today went so well!  I was able to do a really great job with my diet!  Honestly it was hard to get in all of the food that I was supposed to eat and ended the day one green veggie tupperware short of eating all the food.  But hopefully I can keep this up!

Day 2- Wednesday
Today I woke up SO HUNGRY!  All I wanted was some delicious cereal- my go to breakfast normally. I typically eat fairly healthy cereal like Frosted Mini Wheats or Honey Bunches of Oats.  But the problem is that I usually have like 3 bowls of it.  But I fought through and I did a great job on my diet, even despite the fact that I had my hubby's soft ball game to go to during dinner time.  I made a yummy chicken and whole grain pasta "salad" with cooked veggies and a dressing made of lemon juice and olive oil.  It was a little less flavor than I like so I added a little Parmesan cheese and it was good!

Day 3-Thursday
Ok, #realtalk.  I am tired of this healthy food.  I need some cereal.  And some chocolate. and some deliciousness.  I am very tired of veggies.  I feel like there is no way that I can stuff any  more veggies down my throat.  I am pregnant.  I am tired.  I want more food, but not more veggies or healthy stuff.  I want real food.  Commercials are driving me crazy because their food looks so good.  Even TV shows it seems like everyone is eating delicious food and here I am eating nutritious foods and feeling so sad because I want some serious flavor.  Ugh.  Still fighting through.  I did eat a pretty big handful of chocolate covered almonds which I am pretty sure is cheating, but it was worth it.  They were absolutely worth every bite.

Day 4- Friday
Despite being pretty down about my diet, I had to work this day which meant that I had to pack all my food.  Best decision ever because I didn't pack any cheat food.  And I was distracted enough that the food didn't bother me!  Plus I started adding 1/2 a banana and 1 tsp of Peanut Butter into my Shakeology and adding ice so it is ice cream-ish.  HUGE difference!!  DELICIOUS! It is the sweet tooth that I have been searching for!  Definitely Friday was a good day.

Day 5- Saturday
Today started out great.  We were out all morning and I packed my lunch again.  So my options to eat while we were out were honestly fruits, veggies, or Shakeology. So I did great.  Until I went to Sam's Club.  Our traditional lunch at Sam's is for me to order a piece of pizza and my hubby orders a hot dog combo. But I can never finish their massive pizza piece so I always cut it down to a normal size pizza slice and give the other half to the Hubbs.  Well he was STARVING so I knew that his hot dog wouldn't be enough for him so I ordered the pizza.  I didn't eat much, but I ate about half of a normal slice of pizza while feeding my daughter the other half. It was so good and I have no regrets.  Except then my husband suggested that we go to this ice cream place near us that we have both been DYING to try.  We are BIG ice cream fans.  I couldn't turn him down, so we went.  I ordered a small, but it was not a small, it was very large.  I ate about half of it and put the other half in the freezer for the hubby to finish another time.  Needless to say, I kinda failed the whole diet thing today.

Day 6- Sunday
Put simply, Sunday was pretty great!  I did a great job staying on track, enjoyed my shakeology, and because its Sunday and I don't work out on Sundays, I just went on a walk with my sweet family.  It was a wonderful Sunday.

Day 7- Monday
Honestly today was a little shocking.  I went to the doctor to talk about my ultrasound results.  As it turns out I have what is called a velamentous cord insertion.  To put it simply, it means that my baby may not be getting the nutrients that he needs on the inside of the womb.  This could cause a whole lot of complications that I will not go into, but my doctor told me that the most important thing I can be doing is eating a SUPER healthy diet to get as much nutrients to my placenta as possible so my baby can be getting everything that he possibly can.  What a wake up call for me.  I will be eating healthy from here on out, I can promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com