Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 2- how did I do?

Tuesday: The start of this week was rough.  I get pretty nervous about my little guy inside my belly.  I hope that he gets the nutrients that he needs to grow healthy and nice and big.  I mean, not huge.  But a solid 7 lbs would be wonderful!  So I have been eating healthier, but under doctor's order, I can't be doing the diet full time, and I need to have at least one more (healthy) fatty meal a day.   So I typically choose one meal a day to indulge.  This being said, I'm not having ice cream or anything.  I am having like a big bowl of cereal for breakfast, but even then keeping it to cereal that is healthier, like Honey Bunches of Oats or Mini Wheats is what I have been doing.  So far it has worked out well!

Wednesday:  Today was a pretty great day as well!  I am learning better ways to get myself going each day.  Baby has been waking up earlier, around 8:30 now.  I actually really like that!  I am able to get up, make us some breakfast, and then she is happy and I can get going on my house chores for the day.  Then I can play with my little sweetheart and put her down for her nap.  Her nap time is my chill time.  I just use it to relax. Then when she wakes up we get eat again, cuddle, and when she is ready to play again, its time for the work out!  She doesn't love every second of it, but most of the time she is standing at the tv dancing watching Autumn.  Is has been a wonderful week!


Thursday: Ugh today was HARD!! My belly has been pretty crampy and I cheated.  I had a small scoop of ice cream. It was delicious, but it gave me a tummy ache. Tummy ache on top of cramps equals no bueno.  So no work out for me today.  Then I tried to make a yummy dinner.  I took a meal that I know the hubby loves which is a pasta bake with marinara sauce.  But I made some healthy substitutes.  I used fresh chicken instead of canned, I used whole grain pasta, and rather than Bertolli's 5 cheese spaghetti sauce, but I used just some normal plain marinara sauce and some mozzarella cheese.  I thought it was delicious!  But when Zack had it and I asked him how it was his response was- it wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as normal.  My pregnant emotional mind heard "thanks for the effort babe but you suck at cooking healthy".  I KNOW that isn't what he meant, he is the sweetest.  But it really discouraged me because I wanted him to love healthy food and adjust his diet the same way that I am.  So after I go grocery shopping this weekend my  goal is to find meals that hubby will love as well.

Friday: Bleh!  So much happened today.  But the good news is that I did great on my diet!!  No work out, as my tummy has been in a lot of pain, but I went to the doctor again today and found out that in the last 3 weeks I have only gained 1/2 a pound!! WOOHOO!!  But my belly is still growing quickly.  But I am completely happy with that!  Like I said, I am not looking to lose weight, I know I need to gain it, but I really want to keep the weight gain within healthy amounts so I have less to lose afterwards.  I feel like I'm on my way!

Saturday: This was an AMAZING morning.  I went off and spent the temple alone (what?  I got alone time? Yep thats right!  About 3 hours of it! AMAZING! and also super weird).  Anyways while I was gone I had my cute husband watching the baby.  By the time I came home he had cleaned the kitchen, changed a poopy diaper, and even gone on a run with her and taken her down to a nearby lake where he let he play in the water.  He is seriously the cutest dad.  The rest of the day went well as well except we were out all day shopping and I forgot to pack much food.  So I was STARVING by the time we got home.  Luckily I had some healthy dinner left overs so when my hubby wanted top ramen I had something easy to go to!

Sunday: I love Sundays.  Family time, church, Sunday nap, and no yard work or errands.  Sundays are literally the very best.  I ate well and had a DELICIOUS dinner! I marinated a chicken breast in Basalmic vinaigrette.  Then the hubby grilled them all up while I made some baked potatoes and green beans.  We ate outside on the patio and it was so much fun and so delicious.  We both LOVED the dinner and even little Rylie did!  She is eating more and more and I love it.  I love her.  My little family is the greatest, can't you tell?

Monday: Well that is today.  My little sister comes this evening from Vegas!  I live in Michigan and its her first time flying all alone.  I'm so excited for her!  So I have a LOT to do today.  So far I ate my cereal for breakfast and am excited to get lots done so that I can actually have my cute family together for dinner this evening.  I hope that you all have a wonderful week and stay tuned for some of my recipes this week that are a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com